Please Click ROSA link for Abstract Submission
Plant breeding is the science and art of adapting the genetics of plants for the benefit of humankind. The overall aim of plant breeding is to improve the quality, performance diversity of crops with the objective of developing plants better adapted to human needs. In this symposium, genetic manipulation of population by increasing the frequency of desirable alleles, proper breeding methods with improved crop management practices, use of heritability methods, development of improved high yielding varieties, quality improvement and resistance biotic and abiotic stress in horticultural crops will be discussed.
The aim of the symposium is to provide a forum for exchange between breeders, agronomists and geneticists in order to continue the positive trend towards crop improvement through plant breeding and genetics. We hope also to build collaborations between the public and private sectors, as well as with graduate students in plant breeding and genetics programs. In this symposium academicians, researchers and private sector members will gather in Istanbul in a friendly environment, have an exchange of ideas and benefit mutually.
We cordially extend our invitation to you and your colleagues and look forward to welcoming you in Istanbul.
In Horticultural Crops:
- Plant Breeding Methods
- Genetic Resources for Plant Breeding
- Genetics and Genomics
- Molecular Breeding and Biotechnology
- Breeding for Quality
- Breeding for Biotic and Abiotic Stress
- David H. Byrne (Texas A & M University, USA)
- Moshe Flaishman (ARO, Israel)
- Yıldız Kaçar (Cukurova University, Turkey)
- Naci Onus (Akdeniz University, Turkey)
- Jaime Prohens (Valencia University, Spain)
- Mikeal L. Roose (University of California, USA)
- Nebahat Sari (Cukurova University, Turkey)
- Stefano Tartarini (Bologna University, Italy)
- Bruce Topp (The University of Queensland, Australia)
- Richard Visser (Wageningen Univ., Netherlands)
- Zhaohe Yuan (Nanjing Forestry University, China)
- Sek-Man Wong (National University of Singapore, Singapore)